15th January 2018
Invitation To Tender Published
Dundee City Council has made nearly £1M available for real-world testing of innovations in mobility and new transport technologies.
Today, Dundee City Council published an Invitation to Tender to provide Smart and Innovative Mobility Services for the Mobility Innovation Living Laboratory (The MILL). The MILL is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund as part of Scotland’s 8th City Programme and has funding to deliver a programme of projects in the smart mobility space.
This tender is for the first wave of projects to be run through The MILL which will be collectively called ShareMORE (Shared Mobility and Resource Efficiency). Project funding will be available to support the live trial, testing and refinement of solutions with a total budget envelope of £950,000 available across 5 lots:
- Lot 1 – Advanced mobility services for the public – solutions to increase public use of shared mobility services and/or reduce the use of fossil fuelled vehicles;
- Lot 2 – Advanced fleet services – solutions to increase shared use of mobility assets or reduce the use of fossil fuelled vehicles amongst corporate fleets;
- Lot 3 – Advanced parking services – technology and physical infrastructure to enhance the management and experience of using the city’s parking assets and provide data to support the development of new mobility products and services;
- Lot 4 – Advanced use of urban data – advanced use of urban data and intelligence to enhance the experience of using mobility services or facilitate the development of new data-led mobility services or products.
- Lot 5 – Zero cost cycle hire scheme – for the appointment of a zero cost, citywide cycle hire scheme. The Lot is being tendered as part of The MILL as it will add an additional shared mobility solution for the city.